Liposuction, also known as liposculpture or “lipo”, is a cosmetic procedure or body contouring procedure that targets stubborn fat deposits. Whether you struggle with belly fat, thigh fat, or excess girth along the arms, hips, back and neck, liposuction can address your concerns.Dr. Bonnor M.D, F.A.C.S. is a well experienced cosmetic surgeon in the versatility and application of liposuction techniques to address your body contouring needs. Schedule your consultation to create a strategy to eliminate unwanted fat through cosmetic liposuction and body contouring. Call (281) 579-5638 to schedule your appointment.
Before and After Photos
The liposuction procedure begins with an injection of tumescent fluid to the target area. This solution is formulated to maximize comfort and minimize bruising, blood loss, and swelling.
The tumescent fluid gently softens fat cells, loosening them from their surrounding soft tissue. Using a cannula, fat cells are then suctioned from the chosen body areas to achieve the desired contour. 
Liposuction Combined with BodyTite
While liposuction is a safe, effective way to remove unwanted fat deposits, it does not directly address the issue of loose skin. Once the excess fat is removed from a given area, it may leave skin more lax and poorly defined. Liposuction can be performed in conjunction with the application of BodyTite which is a radio frequency assisted lipo-tightening (RFAL) technique. This application stimulates collagen production and encourages skin to contract over time to appear more toned.
Liposuction Performed in Conjunction with FaceTite
FaceTite uses radiofrequency (RF) energy to tighten skin. FaceTite combines well with liposuction particularly in the neck area. To explore the benefits of FaceTite, BodyTite and Liposuction, please contact Texas Surgical Arts.
Personal Consultation in Houston
During your consultation, Dr. Bonnor and his associates will provide you with instructions to prepare you for liposuction. These directions will be tailored to your anatomy and goals, but these general guidelines are helpful reminders.
- For two weeks before surgery, you should avoid alcohol.
- Quit smoking at least six weeks before any surgical procedure.
- Stop taking blood thinners like ibuprofen, aleve or aspirin approximately 10 days before surgery.
- Limit your salt intake.
- Fill any prescriptions you may need before the date of your surgery.
- Stay hydrated – drink plenty of water.
- Please arrange for a caregiver to transport you to and from the surgical center. They should be available to monitor your progress for the first 24 hours following the liposuction procedure.
You will be released to your caregiver once you are ready to go home and resume your recovery. Please avoid strenuous activity for at least two weeks following your liposuction procedure. Dr. Bonnor will provide instructions according to the extent and nature of your surgery.
As minor swelling subsides, your new contours will emerge. It will take 2-3 months for the full effect of your liposuction results to take shape.
- Extracted fat cells are gone for good
- Even if you do gain weight in the future, the affected area will show less enlargement than it would have if you had not received liposuction
- As your “problem areas” are minimized, your confidence is maximized
To enjoy the benefits of liposuction, call (281) 579-5638.
Breast augmentation surgery involves silicone implants to enhance the size and shape your breasts.
Dr. Bonnor can alleviate a wrinkled, deflated midsection with his unique cosmetic surgical technique creating a beautiful new contour. A tummy tuck can help bring more balance to your abdomen after pregnancy or significant weight loss. Tighten your skin and tone your body with cosmetic surgery at Texas Surgical Arts in Houston.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
You deserve the best cosmetic surgery care at the right price. Please call (281) 579-5638 to discuss payment plans for your liposuction procedure.
Healthy individuals who have a body mass index (BMI) under 30 are ideal candidates for liposuction. During your appointment, the doctor will measure your skin laxity and assess your cosmetic goals. If liposuction is right for you, Dr. Bonnor will explain your next steps. If another procedure would better address your contouring needs, he can walk you through the specifics of your surgical options.
Liposuction is not intended to be a weight loss solution. It is a body contouring procedure. While a typical liposuction procedure only removes 2 to 3 pounds of fat, it contours the targeted area. Dr. Bonnor can help you flatten your belly, contour your lower and upper back fullness or slim your love handles to give you that “hourglass” shape.
- Pitman, G. H., Aker, J. S., & Tripp, Z. D. (1996). Tumescent liposuction. A surgeon’s perspective. Clinics in Plastic Surgery, 23(4), 633-41. PMID: 8906394. Retrieved from https://europepmc.org/article/med/8906394
- Matarasso, A., Kim, R. W., & Kral, J. G. (1998). The impact of liposuction on body fat. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 102(5), 1686-1689. DOI: 10.1097/00006534-199810000-00057